Thursday, March 26, 2009

Confusion

On Tuesday, I went with my friend and neighbor PB to see the movie Duplicity, starring Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. I enjoyed the show very much -- fast-paced, fun, and complicated enough to be interesting. PB didn't like it as much as I did. She had a hard time following all the flashbacks (yes, Paddy, Flashback Alert). I tried to explain the sequence to PB, but she still seemed to think it was too confusing and complicated. This is a movie that keeps you constantly guessing about who is gaming whom. So, if you go to see Duplicity, be prepared for some fun surprises, but don't go to the bathroom or you may miss something vital to understanding the story.

2 comments:

  1. So what I hear you saying is that it is a good idea to take along a "sidekick" or "sailor's friend" to this kind of movie.

    Flashbacks are confusing to me too; I don't always recognize them, preferring instead to criticize the director for not being able to manage the drift of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night Jim and I watched a movie called Eagle Eye. I have to admit I was a bit confused by the whole movie. We laughed because Jim who dozed on and off through out was able to explain the parts I was confused about!

    ReplyDelete