Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Earrings


I had another silversmithing session with brother-in-law Bob, and I made these cute earrings. They weren't hard to make at all since they don't have any stones in them, although they did require several of the dreaded torch solderings. Not sure I can ever get used to that.

Last week I went to the Tucson gem show with sister Suzy and Bob. There were lots of stones to buy to make jewelry, plus lots of ready-made jewelry at inexpensive prices. I found things I liked but resisted the urge to purchase. I don't really go places to wear jewelry and already have a number of pieces that I rarely wear. Suzy says she has so much jewelry that Bob has made for her that she mostly wears it to the grocery store. Maybe that's not a bad idea. Top Foods, get ready cause here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can make me an ear hug?

    I love watching you, my sweet bride!

    ReplyDelete