Paddy loves lawn bowling. He plays nearly every day while we are here in Casa Grande. So when the lawn bowling club announced a mixed pairs tournament (one man, one woman per team) he was concerned that he would not be able to find a partner. After a few days with no luck, I offered to take lessons and partner with him. He took me up on the offer.
I took a lesson a week ago Tuesday (January 3rd, my birthday). Since then I have practiced a few times and played actual games a few times. I’m not very good at it, but so far Paddy has been patient with my shortcomings. (Literal “shortcomings” – I have difficulty getting the ball far enough down the field to count. Also, I often don’t roll the ball in the direction that I intend.)
The tournament will be next Monday and Tuesday. Wish us – and our marriage – luck.
As for my birthday, we went to a Mexican restaurant called CafĂ© de Manuel. We ate there last year on my birthday and I liked it; Paddy wasn’t impressed. He agreed to go back again this year and his dinner was more satisfactory than last time. It’s still not a favorite for either of us, but the choices here are limited. There is a better place in Tucson where we can go while we are there in February and March to celebrate Paddy’s birthday and our 35th wedding anniversary and any other occasion we can think of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment