So, here we are at Palm Creek in Casa Grande, AZ, again for the winter. We arrived on November 29 after a 12-day trip down from Olympia – we really take our time. The trip was mostly smooth, some rain and wind in southern Oregon and northern California. We spent Thanksgiving in Lake Havasu City and enjoyed a wonderful feast hosted by the park with turkey and dressing, with potluck sides and desserts. No fuss, no muss, but also no leftovers L.
I have decided to try pottery this season (in addition to continuing with chip carving). I had my first lesson last week, and here is the unfinished product; it hasn’t been fired yet. Yesterday I went back and tried my hand at a plate. No pictures of it yet, but they will be coming. I will have another class in clay handling this Tuesday and one on Thursday on glazing. I have also signed up for several classes coming up in January, so expect many more pictures.
Paddy is trying to find his groove in lawn bowling. Somehow he doesn’t seem to be up to par on it yet, but he is still enjoying himself. I’m sure trophies will be coming soon.
This looks so inviting, my sweet. This will be a fun dipping bowl for toddy time. Love being with you in Casa Grande during winter. Let it snow :- )
ReplyDeleteCool! I can't wait to see all your creations when we visit! :)
ReplyDelete