Monday, January 25, 2016

January 25, 2016

We are still enjoying our time in Casa Grande.  Paddy has been winning at Lawn Bowling, and he has been taking and editing pictures which can be seen at his Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/paddrick/
 
 I have been doing pottery, plus water aerobics and walking.  And I have gotten a golf cart to get around the park easier, especially when it is cold or rainy.  Yes, thanks to El Nino (or is it La Nina?) we have been having the coldest and wettest weather anyone can remember.  It is finally beginning to warm up but will be up and down for at least the next week.  At least it is (mostly) sunny. 
 
Here are pictures of some of my pottery.  In addition to what you see here, I have made some pieces to be sold at the Pottery Show and Sale on Feb. 14th.  I also took a class on the wheel and "threw" three bowls.  All of the ones pictures here were "hand-built."  My thrown bowls are not finished yet but I will photograph them when they are done.      
 
 
I used a texture roller around the rim of this bowl.

For this one I got some help making the flowers and leaves attached to the plate. They don't show up very well in this picture because of the color contrast.
 

I used a form for this bowl, then added the divider. 
 
 

I tore the clay around the edge of this one to make it ragged, then used a texture roller instead of smoothing the clay.  I used a different color glaze around the rim to highlight the torn edge.

Watch for more to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment