Friday, April 1, 2016

End of the Season

We will be leaving our Arizona home on Monday, April 4, heading for home.  We will pick up our fifth wheel trailer today and move it to a space here in the park where we can check that everything still operates correctly and begin loading it up with the stuff to gohome.  We take our time both coming and going, and don't expect to be home until April 14th or 15th. 
 
Here are the final pottery pictures from this winter's fun. 


These flowers are hand-built from clay with a hole in the bottom to mount them on steel rods.  They can be used in the yard, but right now I have them stuck through the hole in my desk intended for the cord from my computer.  They certainly brighten up the office.
 
 
This little bowl was made from last of my "speckled buff" clay.  I just had a tiny bit left, so this is where it went.  Cute, eh?
 

This dish was made from the last of my white clay.  I was playing with different glazes when I painted it.  The bottom is painted with the same color as the squiggles and blobs on the inside.  Paddy thinks it looks dirty, but I kind of like it.  
 

This little basket is made from clay which I rolled out and cut into strips, then wove the strips together over the outside of a small loaf pan.  It is too small to be used for much but was fun to make. 
 

I have already used this very simple dish to serve pieces of a sliced burrito for our toddy time one day. 
 

This is a large platter which was formed using a leaf shaped form.  Again, I was playing with glazes the day I painted it.  After applying the base light green color, I drizzled it with four different glazes over the top.  It's interesting and different, which is what I was going for.  I have already used it for cheese and crackers for a toddy time snack. 
 
 
Of course, Paddy has some trophies to show off.  These are winnings from his lawn bowling this season.  The reason there are only four is that is all the lawn bowling club allows him to win each season.  The idea is to give everyone a better chance for prizes. 
(Sorry for the poor quality of this picture.  Photography is Paddy's talent, not mine.)
 
 
We look forward to getting home and reconnecting with our "other life."


2 comments: