Two of my most difficult things to shop for are swimsuits and purses. Today I managed to buy both in one relatively painless shopping trip. I’m pretty sure that’s a record for me.
Long gone are the days when I changed purses every day to match my outfit and shoes. Now I just schlep the same purse all the time until it wears out and I have to go and find a new one. They can’t be too small, or too large, or too heavy. They must hold the things I consider necessities, organized with pockets so I can find everything. So today on my way to the swimsuit department at Macy’s I stopped off in the purse department and actually found one I like. It is a warm chestnut brown, lightweight, with several zippered sections. Hooray.
I didn’t have much hope for the swimsuit. I believe the last swimsuit I bought was about ten years ago. It is now so small I have difficulty getting into it – how come they shrink that way? I passed on the bikinis and other two piece models and concentrated on the more modest one piece suits. Not sure what size would work, I took two sizes (notice how I’m not divulging any numbers here) of a nice suit off the rack, and a couple of other specimens in the smaller size into the dressing room – three black, one blue, and one red (what was I thinking?). The blue one was hideous, with a skirt-like contraption, that looked like something my mother would have worn back in the ‘50’s. The red one wasn’t bad, but it was red. I’m too old to want to stand out that much. One of the blacks was cute but a sexy neckline. Too old for that too. Long story short (too late, you say), I ended up with the smaller of the two I picked out in different sizes. It is black with small peeks of three shades of pink/red/purple fabric near the neckline and a built in tummy control panel. Pretty basic. I like it.
And, both purse and swimsuit were on sale. It’s a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think I would be exhausted if I had to buy a purse and a swimsuit all in one day. Good job! Mary
ReplyDeleteI can testify from personal observation that Nan looks pretty good in her new swimsuit!
ReplyDeleteWe don't do much swimming up here, so I think she may have her eye on some of the lakes down Arizona way, come this winter.
Paddy
I don't know why those darm swimsuits shrink the way they do! Sounds like a fruitful shopping trip. The telling of it made me smile - I can so relate!!
ReplyDelete