We visited the Devils Tower in Wyoming last month because I had wanted to see it ever since seeing the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind, oh so many years ago. I just checked and it seems that the original movie came out in 1977 (the year Paddy and I were married), and then a 30th Anniversary edition came out, um, 30 years later.
After seeing the Devils Tower, I was in the mood to see the movie again, so I put it on our Netflix list, and last night we watched it -- the original version, not the 2007 version. It was still great! But we did have a little surprise at the end. [Spoiler Alert: If you haven't seen the movie, don't read any further, although it's very difficult to imagine anyone who hasn't seen it.] Both Paddy and I remembered that Richard Dreyfuss and all of the red-suited men went aboard the mother ship at the end, but, no, only Richard Dreyfuss boarded the ship. Was that one of the changes made in the 30th Anniversary cut, or were we both mistaken? How do you remember the ending?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment