In Lawn
Bowling at Palm Creek RV Resort, afternoons are the time people are paired into
teams for a set of two games. The teams
are usually made up of an experienced player and a less experienced player.
Since I’m such a newbie, I always get to play with someone who is better. The winners of the first game play the losers
of a pair from another rink, but they switch partners with the other pair. If a player wins both of his/her games in an
afternoon, that person gets to selecte a prize – a coffee mug, wine glass,
highball glass, etc. Well, guess what! I won a prize yesterday. I didn’t
play particularly well but was lucky in the partners I was paired with. For my prize I chose a towel. The towel is small and is used to wipe off
your bowls (that’s what they call the balls) before rolling them. It is black and embroidered with “Palm Creek
Lawn Bowling Club” and a palm tree. Woo hoo!
Here’s some
news about Minnie. She has learned to
fetch. In the past she would run after a
thrown toy, pick it up and shake, but never bring it back. We didn’t bring many toys with us on this
trip, only a formerly stuffed chicken from which she has pulled all the
stuffing, a little bear that she began shredding so we threw it away, and a
white odd-shaped squeaky toy that no longer looks so white. We call that one “Whitey” (not intending
anything racist, you understand). So
Paddy had been throwing Whitey for Minnie, and suddenly she began bringing it
back. We reinforced the behavior by
cheering, and she got the idea this was fun.
Now she fetches her chicken and her chew sticks as well as Whitey. It’s just not something she learned as a
puppy like Shadow did. We’re so proud J.

I’m bursting with pride for my bride! Congratulations to my Trail Boss (aka "TB") for her two win jitney in lawn bowling yesterday. In the first game she was paired up against this old trail rider, and she out bowled me to her first victory. Advancing in the winner’s bracket, she shellacked someone else in the second game and won a coveted victory towel. Watch out lawn bowlers, TB’s on the prowl!
ReplyDelete