Friday, December 4, 2009

Orange Grove RV Park

I just picked a dozen beautiful and delicious oranges off a tree just outside the door! I know they are delicious because I had one a little earlier and it couldn’t have been better.

Wednesday night we spent the night just north of Redding, CA, at Mountain Gate RV Park. It was a very nice place with concrete pads, grass, trees in full fall color, and had Wi-Fi and cable TV. I rate it excellent.

Last night we were just south of Stockton, CA, at Dos Reis County Park on the San Joaquin River. No cable TV and no Wi-Fi, but concrete pad, grass and trees, and inexpensive at $20 plus $1 for Shadow. We were fortunate to get the last spot large enough to accommodate Uncle Joe; most of the sites were too small for us.

Back to the Orange Grove. It is just east of Bakersfield, CA, and it is truly an orange grove with the trees lined up between the RV sites. They are navel oranges and perfectly ripe right now. They said we could pick as many as we wanted but hoped we would not take more than one large grocery sack per day. I may feel the need to go out later for a few more :-). We also have Wi-Fi and cable TV. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment