Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We're Back

We arrived home early Sunday afternoon, having driven only about 160 miles from Salem, OR. It was good to get home early enough in the day to unload most of our stuff from Uncle Joe and get a couple of loads of laundry done. Hard to believe we were gone four months!

Monday I finished the laundry and did much of the necessary cleaning inside the rig. Also went to the grocery store. Tuesday I cleaned the refrigerator and the floors. Then I went through some of the piled up mail. We did not receive mail for the last month of the trip because of the time delay of sending it to Florida, then to wherever we were. It's amazing how much junk mail we receive, so obvious when you see a month's worth all at one time. Today we took Uncle Joe back to his shed and put him away until our next trip. Paddy re-winterized because there's always the possibility of a freeze in April.

It's good to be back, although I still have a lot of organizing to do. I walked down to the woods with my friend Pat yesterday morning, and walked with my regular Wednesday walking group today. We'll be having dinner with our friends Ada and Rick this evening. Lots to catch up on with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment