Monday, September 27, 2010

Colorado National Monument


While we were in Moab, Paddy realized that we were just a little over 100 miles from Grand Junction, CO. His mother's sister Olivia (Livie) and brother Henry live in Grand Junction, so we decided we needed to take an extra day to go over and see them. Then he saw that the Colorado National Monument is at Grand Junction, so we decided to take an extra two days so we could visit the Monument.





We had a great visit with Henry and Livie, and her husband Don. I had met Henry and Livie once each and had never met Don (Paddy had met him only once as a young child). We had dinner with them Saturday evening and lunch Sunday afternoon. It was so nice to catch up with family.

We toured Colorado National Monument Sunday morning before going to Livie's for lunch. It is beautiful. I had been there many years ago (long before Paddy and I married) and remembered it as a highlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment