“He gets a lamb cut with a 5 blade. Here, let me write it down for you.” And she wrote “5 lamb” on one of her business cards.
I’m referring to Shadow’s regular groomer when I asked her what to tell a new groomer to do. We’ve been on the road long enough for Shadow to need grooming, so I made an appointment with a woman not far from Rio Bend, in Seeley, CA. She has a shop in her mobile home and does only four dogs a day.
When I took him in I told her about the lamb cut and the 5 blade. She said, “that’s going to be awfully close.” I nodded and said it’s what is regular groomer says he gets.
Well, it isn’t. My poor, beautiful Shaddy looks like a skinny legged rat. He’s pitiful. It will take weeks to grow out to a reasonable length. What a disappointment. I’m not going to post any pictures of him looking this way. Maybe we can hide him for a few weeks until it looks better.
Apparently the groomer here didn’t do the cut right. I just looked it up online. For the lamb cut, the 5 blade is to be done on the body, with the legs, tail and topknot longer. She clipped his legs with the 5 blade also; they are a skinny mess. And who knows what she did on his topknot. His head looks flat.
This groomer was recommended by a woman here at Rio Bend. Her dog is not a poodle, but some type of terrier that requires grooming. She said the groomer didn’t do a perfect job, but her dog’s breed is not common and she went by a picture.
Live and learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment